Event managers of the National Arts Merit Awards (NAMA) 2020 have revealed what the public can expect to experience at the Awards this Saturday.
Speaking at a press conference held Wednesday morning at their offices, Jacaranda Culture & Media Corporation, Executive producer Napoleon Nyanhi said all was set to provide an unforgettable experience at the NAMAs.
“As of today stage set up has begun at the Harare International Conference Centre (HICC), including the entire production equipment,lights, cameras etc,” said Napoleon.
“People can expect to experience diverse art forms, as we have managed to create value in the Awards.
The Awards events have been split into Four categories
- Nominees Reception, taking place at Jameson Hotel on Friday evening.
- Red Carpet – is going to be a full production on it’s on. It will happen from 7 pm – 8pm. The red carpet will also include performances. You can expect to see Asaph, Nyau Dancers, and a drummer. There will also be a section for fans to interact with artists and have photo and autograph opportunities.
- Pre- Show – 7 to 8pm featuring 9 acts
- The Awards will start at exactly 8pm and will run for 3hrs 30 minutes.
Artist director Leonard Mapfumo also shared about the performance aspect. And below is what you can expect.
- A total of 157 participants from various art disciplines will grace the stage.
- 7 of the 9 NAMA categories will be represented in the night’s performances.
- A total of 8 languages will be represented.
- The hostess/Host has been kept a secret but will be revealed as part of a performance act.