Alick Macheso could sell a million records if…
Devoted Celebrity Gossip Evangelist. Incurable Sneaker Addict. Arsenal FC Aficionado.
I am Currently Studying towards an MBA with an emphasis in Celebrity Crushes
Alick Macheso is staring history in the face as he could emerge as the first Zimbabwean to sell a million records in a limited space of a month.
IF THE ALBUM BECOMES A HIT.
We have listened to the six track album Tsoka Dzerwendo and we will give our verdict in the next article.
Ok, we know you are wondering where we are getting these figures from let me break it down for you.
Here are the (hypothetical) facts
* Red Cross Zimbabwe has enlisted 40 000 volunteers across the country to sell the album according to an article recently published in The Sunday Mail.
* His album will be sold for $1 the same price as those mercenaries commonly referred to as pirate guys meaning the chances of it being pirated have been reduced significantly. (Although Bluetooth and WhatsApp could derail this effort)
* The album is the most anticipated album in recent times.
* Now assuming that of the 40 000 vendors selling the album, each one sells 25 copies….Macheso will hit the 1 Million mark in just under 2 weeks.
* An additional force of mobile teams including airtime and newspaper vendors have been enlisted to sell the album. This figure could also add to the numbers.
But again the possibility of this happening depends on whether the album is a HIT
Now we wait……………………………………………………….